Thursday, June 13, 2013

Photo Story 3 wmv file – do you need to convert for upload to YouTube?

APPARENTLY NOT. The raster to vector video mentioned in a previous post was created using this free Windows software. I thought it would need to be converted in order to upload it to YouTube and I battled with software like VLC and FormatFactory, trying to convert to an mpeg or flv format, but it appears that the wmv file created using Photo Story 3 has a codec format that confounds these. I even tried importing my file into Windows Movie Maker, and changing it that way, but my project seemed to be in a muddle within that and the result was incomplete and bad quality.
In the end I just submitted the file as is to YouTube and to my relief found that YouTube swallowed it up and created the result I wanted with no effort.

No comments: